Monday, June 11, 2012

Ready for summer! I hope.

School is out!
I love the summer months,

My little guy finished kindergarten. That means that next year he will be in school full time.
(Kindergarten is only 2 1/2 hours long here.)
I am happy for him, but I am sad for me.
I will really miss having a little buddy with me all day.

And he really is so fun to hang out with.


I welcomed the kids home on their last day with a banner over the door and pizza.
Lots of pizza.
We went through all of their stuff and I began to organize.

This is my school work organizing system.
When they bring home stuff we want to keep we pile it all in a set of drawers.
I keep ticket stubs, scouting awards, report cards, student awards and student write ups ;-)
Everything goes in their drawer.
If they have a project that is too big to fit,
I take a picture of it and the picture is kept instead of an enormous project.
I have a drawer too ;-) I keep christmas cards, notes, cards, drawings etc. in mine.

At the end of the school year I put all we have saved from that year in a file and stuff it into a file box.
The file box is full. I really don't think it can hold another sheet of paper.
I'll probably remember to buy another one next year when school is out.

But this is the easiest way I've found to keep their things.
Maybe someday I will put all of this in sleeves and organize it in a binder....
Maybe someday.

But even if someday never comes at least we have it all together.

Now I need to figure out how to keep us all fed and happy for the next 3 months.
Yikes!



2 comments:

MuseBootsi said...

Please come over and do this for me! I have 2 giant bins for all their stuff. And have yet found time to go through them and extract my favorites. I tried once, with my guy, and he didn't want to toss anything!
The bins glare at me from a corner of my tiny house. I feel like I'm halfway there but need the extra push!
Good luck with your summer! We are in a similar boat. My big plans are to force my 4 and 6 year olds to cook with me...that should be interesting...
I have a preschooler entering kinder going from 3 hours to all day. And he's totally gonna miss his "play alone" time. That time he gets to play with ALL the toys without his bossy brother around.
No idea what I'm gonna do. But maybe my house will be clean for more hours per day?

Michelle said...

My sweet boy goes to kindy this fall. it makes me sad thinking about it. I am going to miss my boy being around. Here it is mandated all day (7+ hours a day... add in the bus ride to and from, it = an over 9 hr day for him). This is where I wish I still lived in our old neighborhood. MN still has 1/2 day kindy. WI is all day and long days. My kids' school work is in totes. I have a tote for each child.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...